Friday 18 December 2009

The X Factor

Of course, I am a big fan of the X factor. I love the feel-good factor and I love that Ben likes it too. It means we can, for once, indulge in some trashy television together, rather than me ferreting for the remote under his scornful eye.... So, OBV, I was dismayed to discover that you can't get UK TV online due to being in the wrong "region" - EVEN the X Factor! Outrageous.*

But I digress... the point of this post is to point you all in the direction of the Chinese embassy website, where Ambassador Fu Ying has posted her thoughts and commentary on this year's X Factor final! If I, as a Brit in the PRC, have to miss out on this national institution, I am pleased to see it being taken seriously by my counterpart (erm, OK - not quite - maybe one day?) in the UK. Nice one, ambassador!

* I kept up with the Jedward fiasco, and the Dannii v. Cheryl fashion debate online, natch - but it's just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment