Tuesday 22 September 2009

Jiaozi - 饺子

For those of you who know me (which, dear readers, is all three of you), you will know about my obsession with Chinese dumplings, aka; jiaozi. For Mary's first meal in China, I introduced her to these little pockets of magic, and I am pleased to say they went down a treat. So imagine my delight when, an hour later during our stroll around the hutongs north of the Forbidden City, we happened upon this cheerful duo, making jiaozi from scratch:

After some banter (more from them than me) and plenty of I'm-not-really-sure-what-you're-saying laughter from both sides, we established that it was a "mixed-meat" filling and that I was welcome to pap them. I don't need telling twice, so whipped out the SLR and dived in for a close up:

好吃!

1 comment:

  1. Hello blog buddy! Those dumplings look amazing! Hope you're enjoying being a celebrity with your carrot top!

    ReplyDelete